VMware Workstation is a popular program for creating multiple virtual desktops on one system. It is designed primarily for programmers and system administrators who need to test applications running in different environments.
VMware’s proprietary MultipleWorlds technology makes it possible to isolate operating systems and applications within the virtual machines being created. In this case, each virtual machine has a standard computer with its own processor and memory.
VMware has a long history of creating virtualization software for both schools and businesses. They are continually changing their software, thus determining the most recent version is always difficult, since they are always improving it to stay up with the times.
The workstation offers a “sandbox” environment in which to test the different operating systems and guarantee that what you’re working on can be executed in other settings. The application runs well on both Linux and Windows.
It does not support Windows7, however it does function on Ubuntu 15.04 and older. CentOS and Oracle are among the other platforms it supports. It is capable of virtualizing over 200 operating systems on each machine that it is installed on.
It is critical to understand that after the trial time, you will have to pay a steep amount for it. VMware Workstation Pro is not a free download. It is, however, ready to be synced with other goods from the same firm, which should be taken into account. The free version, on the other hand, is known as VMware Workstation Player. It has far less features than the pro version.
- Simultaneously run multiple guest operating systems on the same computer.
- Full screen virtual machine startup in the desktop window of the main operating system
- Installing virtual machines without repartitioning the drives.
- Launching operating systems already installed on your computer without reinstalling or reconfiguring them.
- Running Windows applications on a Linux system and vice versa.
- Creating and testing applications for different systems at the same time.
- Running untested applications without risk of system stability or loss of critical data.
- Sharing files and applications between different virtual machines by using a virtual network.
- Run client-server and web apps on the same PC.
- Run multiple virtual machines on a single PC and simulate network operations.
Major changes and improvements in VMware Workstation 12
- Full support for Windows 10:
Running Windows 10 as a virtual machine;
Windows 10 auto-redefinition and easy installation;
Unity support for Windows 10;
Migrating a Windows 10 PC to a virtual machine;
- Support for new guest OSes:
Oracle Linux 7.1
VMware Project Photon
- Support for graphics technology:
Improved performance when suspending and resuming encrypted virtual machines;
- Improved vCloud Air integration:
Power management operations on virtual machines;
Enhanced user experience;
- Support for IPv6 NAT networks;
- Support for detaching and dragging clusters to other Workstation Pro windows;
- Automatic virtual machine pause when the host system is rebooted;
- Support for 4K high resolution monitors;
- Support for multiple monitors with different DPI values (number of dots per inch);
- Support for echo cancellation for voice and video calls using Microsoft Lync and Skype;
- Added support for USB 3.0 in Windows 7 virtual machines (using the latest Intel driver);
- Improved the standard installer;
- Added NAT network configuration to the virtual network editor on Linux host systems;
- Supported left-handed mouse use settings on Windows host systems.
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (x64)
- Standard x64compatible personal computer.
- 1.3GHz or faster CPU minimum.
- An AMD CPU that has segment-limit support in long mode
- An Intel CPU that has VT-x support
VMware Workstation 12.5 is an essential tool for IT professionals, developers, and businesses that rely on virtualization technology. With its advanced features and capabilities, VMware Workstation 12.5 enables users to create and run multiple virtual machines on a single physical machine, allowing for increased productivity, flexibility, and efficiency.
Its intuitive interface and seamless integration with a variety of operating systems make it a reliable and user-friendly solution for creating, testing, and deploying applications.
Whether you’re a developer looking to test your software across multiple platforms or an IT administrator looking to streamline your virtualization infrastructure, VMware Workstation 12.5 has everything you need.
If you haven’t already, download VMware Workstation 12.5 today and experience the power and versatility of this cutting-edge virtualization solution.